Mobile Overlays app
The mobile overlay app (not available on the Starter plan) lets you go live on Facebook or Instagram with an "overlay" to display the product information:
This tells your viewers what to comment, what's available in terms of options, and the price. While this isn't necessary to use SoldLive, it may make it easier for your viewers to buy from you.
Our iPhone app is available from the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1623997153 (latest version is v2.0.9, updated May 26, 2023)
And our Android app is available from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soldlive.overlays (latest version is v2.07, updated Apr 14, 2023)
Your login is your email address associated with your Shopify store. And you can set your password from the Overlays App Password section of your SETTINGS tab from within the Shopify SoldLive app (this is not part of the free trial... you'll only see this if you upgrade from the Starter plan):
Once logged into the mobile app, select where you want to go live (FB page, group, or both) and click the Preview button. Here's a 1-min demo video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu51iRGXQqc
- You'll control the overlay from your OVERLAYS tab within the Shopify SoldLive app.
- You'll see the last 6 comments on FB and/or IG on the Overlay app on your phone. We display all comments on the phone, regardless of whether they are product claims
Important to do this before you go live: try clicking Next from the OVERLAYS tab while in the Preview screen of the mobile app to ensure the overlay changes.
You'll have your phone on a tripod as your camera, and you'll have a laptop open to control the overlay
Some tips when going live:
- Ensure you have your phone on Do not Disturb mode to prevent calls or texts from interrupting your livestream
- Ensure your phone is connected to wifi and not running on cellular
- If you don't want to control the overlay with your laptop, you can use a barcode scanner as described in this article